From the Gran Capitán street, and until Llano del Palacio, we find the palace of the Dukes of Medinaceli, built between the XVI - XVII centuries.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Montilla is a municipality Spanish of the province of Córdoba, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. It is situated in the region of the Campiña Sur Cordobesa, and is head of judicial party.Its geographical coordinates are 37° 35' N 4° 38' w and rises to an altitude of 371 meters above sea level, right at the geographical centre of Andalusia and about 45 km south of Córdoba, 115 to the north of Malaga and 130 to the west of Seville.Its extension is of 168,2 km2 and in 2009 had 23.840 inhabitants, representing a population density of 141,73 hab/km2.
Historically notable for being the birthplace of Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba, the Great Captain, was born in 1453 in the castle whose ruins preside over the city, the property of his father, Pedro Fernández de Córdoba, Lord of Aguilar.
It is famous for the quality of its grapes Pedro Ximénez, who are made accredited wines of Montilla, and along with the nearby Moriles and other localities of córdoba integrates the wine region with Denomination of Origin Montilla-Moriles.
From the Street, Great Captain, and down to the Plain to the Palace, found the palace of the dukes of Medinaceli, built between the XVI - XVII centuries.
PALACE OF MEDINACELI MONTILLA. TECHNICAL DATA
The entire Palace is formed by three farms cadastral different, of which offer for sale two of them. In addition we offer for sale two other farms land adjoining the Palace are two premises in ground Floor of great utility for any project that is developed.
There are drawn up a Basic Project of Rehabilitation of the entire Palace, which includes the three estates of the Palace and the other two of the two local annexes.
The project proposes an adaptation to the Hotel and event rooms, and is approved by the ministry of Culture of the Junta de Andalucía and the town Hall of Montilla.
The data surfaces according to the approved project are:
The farm belonging to the Palace, which is outside the object of this auction constitutes only 20 % of the total surface of the project of the Palace, and it is possible to purchase outside of this auction. This property has a servitude of lights on the properties for sale. The Hotel project raised has a programme of 43 double rooms, a 1,000 m2 of lounges and patios for events, weddings and conferences, and a spa area.
The appraised value of the building, located in the historical center of the town montillana has been obtained by the method of the residual value, subtracting the appraisal value of the middle of the residential construction of new plant in the area, the approximate cost of the rehabilitation work needed.
With this, the appraisal value obtained is 720 €/m2 built.
The starting price offered in the auction is located at 600 €/m2 built.
The TOTAL AREA OF THE PLOT (m2) 1886,8
TOTAL building capacity OF the PALACE ACCORDING to the BASIC PROJECT OF REHABILITATION of APPROVED (m2)
Total constructed area: 3346,83 100%
Total floor area of the part on sale: 2675,3 80%
€/m2 € sale Area (m2)
STARTING PRICE: 600,00 € 1.605.180,00 € 2675,3
PRICE RATING: 720,00 € 1.926.216,00 € 2675,3
Once demolished its castle and residence, in 1508, the duke and duchess of Priego and Medinaceli, built the palace in the so-called Flat, that is to say, in the lower part of the old city and behind the old villa, in the direction of Mirror.
The construction began in the SIXTEENTH century, and of them stands out especially the beautiful main façade. It offers a simple but monumental project that still is indebted to the tradition of mannerism, although can be dated in the SEVENTEENTH century. Their two bodies of masonry, well provided, and have apertures with straight frames flat, on the second floor correspond to balconies. At one end is located an interesting front - balcony, accompanied by fluted pilasters and fragments of pediments envolutados, in addition to ornamental motifs as chains of fruits or masks. At the other end is a passageway in an arch that communicates with the neighboring convent of Santa Clara. The facade is notable for its stone of golden color.
The present paper is intended to describe the relationship of the attorney with the Dukes of Medinaceli and the Palace that these were built in the city, as well as some religious traditions that link to the Dukes of both the convent of Santa Clara de Montilla as with St. John of Avila, from whom his Holiness the Pope Benedict XVI declared Doctor of the Church October 7, 2012.
THE RELATIONSHIP OF THE ATTORNEY WITH THE MEDINA.
It is, in 1370, with Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba, III, Lord of Cañete, when the Fernández de Córdoba received the lordship of Aguilar of the Border. Thus, it was known originally as the House of Aguilar, and Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba happens to be the I Lord of Aguilar. In 1371, Montilla acquired independence of the municipality of Aguilar of the Border and obtained the title of villa, reinforcing its population and setting your territory throughout the FIFTEENTH century through disputes over the limits with the councils adjoining Goat, The Rambla, Castro del Río, Montemayor and Mirror.
Under the Fernández de Córdoba, Montilla to become the center of the lordship of Aguilar, superseding even to this villa, and will be prepared for the economic development of the SIXTEENTH century. Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba and Aguilar, the Great Captain, is a great exponent of this House. He was born in Montilla in 1453 and died in Loja in 1515. He was the second son of the marriage between Pedro Fernández de Córdoba and Aguilar, V Lord of Aguilar, Elvira de Herrera y Enríquez. The Noble and the Spanish military, the duke of Santángelo, Newfoundland, Andría, Montalbo and Sessa. He participated, among other battles, in the conquest of the kingdom of Granada with the Catholic Kings and the conquest of Ostia under the papacy of Alexander VI.
Montilla experienced an important demographic growth during the second half of the FIFTEENTH century, reaching 1.166 neighbors in 1530. So, after Priego, who ends up impersonating, was the town most populous of the marquis of this name.
The marquisate of Priego is the noble title inherited by the Kingdom of Spain Ferdinand the Catholic granted on 9 December 1501 to Pedro Fernández de Córdoba and Pacheco, VII Lord of Aguilar and X of the House and State of Cordoba. This title is listed among the 25 Major of Spain.
There are testimonies of the castle of Montilla, whose origin seems to go back to earlier times to the late Middle Ages, although hardly remains, as it was demolished by order of Ferdinand the Catholic in 1508, as an exemplary punishment imposed on the owner of the House of Aguilar, already then, the first marquis of Priego, and notice the rest of the andalusian nobility. Older news tell us about his wealth and celebrity.
In 1630, Philip IV of Spain granted to Montilla is the title of a city. By that time the rights of stately pose great benefits for these and not a few conflicts with the vassals. In 1711, under the House of Medinaceli, is when it recognises the right of neighbors to erect freely kilns and mills. Within that framework, the city council performs duties of government, justice and regiment of the village, for which it has earned income from the lease of their own.
In 1711 the House of Priego joined the House of Medinaceli, when Nicolas Fernandez de Cordoba and de la Cerda, IX, Marquis of Priego and VII of Montalbán, the son of Mauricio Fernandez of Cordoba, VIII Marquis of Priego, and Feliche de la Cerda, happened to his uncle Luis Francisco de la Cerda y Aragon, IX Duke of Medinaceli, who died without offspring. He also joined the House of Fair, of lineage Figueroa, who had already been united to that of Priego in 1634.
The EIGHTEENTH century represents a demographic recovery, without substantial changes in the social structure, headed by the Dukes of Medinaceli, followed by some families, nobles, clergy, peasants and craftsmen of various guilds.
PALACE OF MEDINACELI
We have already said that the Castle of the House of Aguilar was demolished by Ferdinand the Catholic in 1508 as a penalty imposed on the owner of the House, the first marquis of Priego. Once demolished his Castle, the marquises of Priego erected this palace known as the Palace of the Dukes of Medinaceli, in the lower part of the old town of the city.
Renaissance building, he made works from the SIXTEENTH century onwards, and highlights the beautiful main facade that looks out to the said flat. It offers a simple but monumental project, which is still indebted to the tradition of mannerism. It is in the EIGHTEENTH century, upon joining the House of Priego of Medinaceli, when the Palace of Montilla came to belong to the Dukes of Medinaceli.
Their two bodies of masonry, very well proportioned, have apertures with straight frames flat, on the second floor correspond to balconies. At one end there is located a wonderful cover-balcony accompanied by fluted pilasters and fragments of pediments envolutados, in addition to ornamental motifs as chains of fruits or masks. Two shields flanking the doorway-balcony. In the photo detail, it can be seen how the one on the left is the coat of arms noble fruit of the union between the Marquis of Priego and the House of the Fair.
At the other end is a passageway in arc of average point. This archway led from the Palace of the Dukes of Medinaceli Montilla with his private Chapel in the Convent of Santa Clara. Arc known as Santa Clara, was rehabilitated in the year 2010.
CONVENT OF SANTA CLARA AND HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PALACE OF MEDINACELI.
Declared a National Historic Monument, was built by order of the first marquis of Priego, Don Pedro Fernandez de Cordoba, and established in the vicinity of the palace of that family. Finished in 1512, his initial destination was a convent of franciscans, as Don Pedro did in other towns of your State. From 1525 he went on to become the Santa Clara convent of the female branch of the Order. Created by Maria Jesus de Luna, one of the daughters of the said marquis. Doña Maria Jesus, after being granted the proper permission his sister Catalina Fernández de Córdoba (as heir of the estate), opted for the monastic life. After the stay in the novitiate of Andújar, returned to Montilla with eight religious and along with three professed more, among which was her sister Elizabeth. So, from 1525 it was this early community.
Equally, the Countess of Feria, Doña Ana de la Cruz, daughter of the first Duke of Arcos de la Frontera, took the habit of a poor clare nun in the convent of Montilla, in the year 1552. Doña Ana de la Cruz, married at 14 years of age (1541) with the fourth Count of Feria, Don Pedro Fernandez of Cordova and Figueroa, son of the Marchioness of Priego and the firstborn and heir of the House of Aguilar. Widow from 1552, was guided and oriented by the master St. John of Avila, had a religious life that is exemplary. He died with the reputation of sanctity in 1601.
The convent and Church of Santa Clara is the set's most significant artistic Montilla, not only for its architectural design, but by the wealth that keeps in its interior. It is a building closed to the outside. There are only three doors, and one of them gives the entry courtyard, from where you have access to the church, to the winch and to the telephone office.
Around the convent there are small oratories and chapels, richly decorated, emphasizing the one of the Father of Families, and the Cell oratory of the Countess de Feria. Its outer facade, next to the Arch of the Palace of the Dukes of Medinaceli, is one of the most beautiful corners of Montilla.
In the following pictures is shown the evolution of the back façade of the Palace of Medinaceli, until its restoration in the year 2010. The facade, informed by the broker that is on top of the arch and the convent of Santa Clara, which shows the entrance door in the third photo.
He currently lives in the Convent, a community of poor clares. Since September 2010, this community of Santa Clara has opened the doors of the convent which can be visited by those who show interest in learning about the art and the story have stayed for more than four centuries behind the walls of this building, regarded as one of the most important jewelry of the heritage convent andalusian. To this end, has set an itinerary that will tour the small groups, and guided by the same religious. The tour starts at the antesacristía and old sacristy, from where you have access to the room of the Friars, the cell and the oratory of the Countess of Feria, main Cloister, chapter room and choir loft. Along the route are displayed works of great value belonging to the period from the SIXTEENTH to the NINETEENTH century.
HOUSE-ORATORY OF SAN JUAN OF AVILA AND ITS RELATIONSHIP WITH THE PALACE OF MEDINACELI.
The house-oratory where he lived, wrote and died in 1569 the Master and Saint John of Avila, is located next to the Palace of Medinaceli and was handed over by the countess doña Catalina to live in it to the refusal of the religious to live in the Palace. Preserves the original appearance of the houses of the time. A modest dwelling of the XVI century, created in 1547 by the marquesses of Priego, who later adosaría the hermitage of the Virgin of the Peace.
No customer reviews for the moment.