Sit amet conse ctetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit.
Engine: 5th wheel/built-in. Operating by friction on the pavement.
In perfect state of functioning.
NYSE : BGG
Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States
The key people
Todd J. Teske ( CEO ) Dave Rodgers ( CFO ) Thomas R. savage (Senior Vice president of Administration) William H. Reitman (Sr. VP of Sales and customer Service)
US $ 2,07 MM (FY 2012)
The utility operation
US $ 41.237 M (FY 2012)
US $ 29M (FY 2012)
US $ 1.608 B (FY 2012)
Total net assets
US $ 651M (FY 2010)
Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest manufacturer of air-cooled gasoline engines primarily for power equipment in the outdoors. Current production averages 11 million engines per year.
The company was launched in Milwaukee , Wisconsin in 1908 and today has its headquarters in Milwaukee, Wisconsin . engines Briggs & Stratton are commonly used on lawnmowers , as well as pressure washers , electrical generators , and a wide variety of other applications. Their engines made of cast iron originals were known for their durability, but the success of the company established after the development of engines of lightweight aluminum in 1953. The aluminum engine was the perfect solution for the rotary mower invented recently due to its lower weight and lower cost. The company has developed a good reputation due to its independent distributors for central services (DCV), spare parts of low costs and the documentation of service is well-designed.
The company began in 1908 as an informal association between Stephen Foster Briggs and Harold M. Stratton . SF Briggs was born in Watertown, South Dakota, and graduated from South Dakota State College in Brookings (South Dakota) in 1907. The idea for his first product came from a project of the engineering class of top-level in SDSC. This first product was a six-cylinder, two-stroke engine, which Stephen Foster Briggs developed during his engineering courses at South Dakota State. After his graduation, he was eager to produce his engine and enter in the automotive industry in rapid expansion. Bill Juneau, a coach in the State of South Dakota, knew of the ambition of Briggs and the entrepreneurial interests of Harold M. Stratton, a merchant of grains of success who had a farm next to the farm of Juneau, who introduced the two. In 1922, his new company has established a track record in the automotive industry , the sale of the car for a lesser price always called Briggs & Stratton Flyer (also called the "Red Bug") which sold at only us $ 125 US and $ 150.
Eventually Briggs and Stratton settled on manufacturing automotive components and small gasoline engines . Briggs bought a patent from the motor from AO Smith Company and began to feed washing machines and early cutoffs of the coil, as well as many other types of equipment. The company began trading on the New York Stock exchange in 1928.
During the Second World War, Briggs & Stratton produced generators for the war effort. Some engines before the war were made with aluminum, which helped the company to develop expertise in the use of this material. This development, along with the growth of the post-war period of the 1950s suburbs (and lawns), helped secure Briggs & Stratton of successful growth through the 1950s and 1960s.
Stephen Briggs went on to purchase Evinrude and Johnson outboard and start the outboard Marine Corporation . Frederick P. Stratton, Sr. (the son of Harold Stratton) served as Chairman of Briggs & Stratton until his death in 1962. Frederick P. Stratton, Jr. he was president until his retirement in 2001.
In 1995, Briggs & Stratton sold the business of automotive components. The resulting company is Strattec Security Corporation .
In the year 2000, the company acquired the business generator of consumers of the Group of Beacon and formed Briggs & Stratton Power Products. The Beacon Group had previously purchased the Division of Generac Corporation (now Consumer Products Generac Power Systems ) in 1998. In 2005, the company added Simplicity Manufacturing Inc and Snapper, Inc , to the line of Briggs & Stratton Power Products. Murray, Inc , one of its largest customers, collapsed owing the company $ 40 million, and to reduce to a minimum the loss of Briggs & Stratton have purchased the name, marketing rights and design of the products from that company.
The July 29, 2003, Cause Forum Marketing presents Briggs & Stratton Corporation and National Wildlife Federation (NWF) with a Prize of Halo in the category of Best Campaign, Environment / Wildlife, for their efforts in generating awareness about the environmental benefits of mower tune-up.
The 04 June 2008 Briggs & Stratton announced that it will acquire the Victa business of care of the lawn of GUD Holdings Limited Australia for A $ 23 million.
Procurement, contracts and joint ventures
Farymann Diesel GmbH (1979 To 1984) - Based in Lampertheim (near Mannheim , Germany), this was the first acquisition of foreign Briggs & Stratton had never done, was a bad fit with a recognized experience of the company in high volume, low cost production. Completed the official acquisition on may 29, 1979. Despite the investment in new production methods, Briggs & Stratton never understood the very low volume, highly custom of the market of diesel engines air-cooled. After considering the addition of the Italian Lombardini to increase its presence in the market of diesel, as well as a failed attempt to develop its own designs, Briggs & Stratton accepted defeat and sold the company to a private investor for a minimal amount to avoid further liabilities. Since the energy crisis had not affected the preference of the U.S. market for gasoline engines, enthusiasm waned rapidly at management level for diesel engines.
Daihatsu Briggs & Stratton (DBS) - In an effort to avoid competition with the japanese in the 1980s, Briggs & Stratton entered a 50/50 joint venture with the Daihatsu Motor Company in Japan. Located in Shiga prefecture (50 miles (80 km) from Osaka , Japan), the construction of the then-57, 000 square feet (5300 m 2) plant started in December 1986 and was completed in April 1987. This joint venture was notable for the manufacturing of engine crankshaft vertical and horizontal 12,5-22 hp (16 kW) under the brand name of Vanguard. Today the plant employs some 100 people on two shifts and manufactures engines Vanguard V-twins ranging from 14 to 36 HP (27 kW).
The Mitsubishi Agreement - The-line Vanguard initially consisted of three single cylinder engines and multi-engine V-twin. The V-twins, made by DBS, had sold very well, but the models of engine single-cylinder, originally produced at Briggs & Stratton Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin plant, did not fare as well. Briggs & Stratton needed to solve this problem, so that, after discussions with several engine manufacturers japanese, who reached an agreement with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd. of Tokyo , Japan. Briggs & Stratton produced only certain parts of the engines, while Mitsubishi was responsible for the production and maritime transportation in general. Engines Vanguard wheeled completed are sent directly to customers all over the world. Briggs & Stratton had exclusive marketing rights only in North America, Europe and Australia / New Zealand. MHI had exclusive marketing rights (under their own brand) in Malaysia, Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan. In other countries both companies competed with the same product under their own brand, which led to considerable friction, and together with escalating production costs in Japan, caused this relationship otherwise successful fail. Briggs & Stratton began marketing alternative engines wheeled manufactured in the united states under the brand name Vanguard at the beginning of 2007.
The Komatsu Zenoah Venture - In may 1987, Briggs & Stratton came to an agreement with another japanese company, executing a 10-year contract with the company Komatsu Zenoah Tachikawa, Japan. Under the terms of the contract, Komatsu would manufacture a 2-stroke , 4 HP (3 kW) engine, Briggs & Stratton purchased and distribution in the united States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Said Fred Stratton, "This venture was not successful, due to the increase in the price of the yen made the engine too expensive in the U.S.
The Toro Agreement - In 1999, Briggs & Stratton made a license agreement with The Toro Company of Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.UU.. to produce the piston ported version Toro R * TEK of there with a motor cycle of the series E-2 (AKA Lawn-Boy DureForce) for use in Toro snow throwers. The * Engine TEK R was a cycle 141cc 2 that produced from 4 HP up to 6.5 HP with only the need to adjust the RPMS ranging from up to 3,700 rpm to 4,000 rpm, and ran with a mixture of gas and oil 50:1. A high out-put model of 7 HP was made (engine Model # 84330) for the use of more heavy plow duty, as the single stage Snow Commander (2001-2008) and 2-stage power Max 726TE/6000 (2004-2008), the horse power 0.5 additional was obtained using Transfer Ports in the wall of the piston and cylinder and ran at the same speed of operation as the motors of the horsepower 6.5 (4000rpms). The production was stopped in 2011.
The aluminum engine - This was introduced in 1953 as a means to gain a larger engine lightweight for applications such as lawn mowers rotary. Improved five years later in 1958 with the introduction of Kool-Bore (all aluminum) and sleeve-Bore (aluminum, with a cast iron cylinder liner).
This - Easy-Spin start of release of compression , implemented as a hump extra-in the lobe of the intake camshaft , was introduced in 1961 to reduce the effort required to start a motor. In 1982, a new U.S. safety regulation of the federal lawn mower requires blades to stop spinning within three seconds of letting go of the operator handle . The least expensive way, more common to meet the new regulation was to put a brake to the flywheel of the engine of lawn mower, stop the engine (and therefore the blade) immediately when the handle was released. Engineers Briggs & Stratton found engines with camshaft Easy-Spin were unacceptably difficult to restart after having been braked to a quick stop. The hump lobe Easy-Spin was moved to the exhaust valve, which reduces the performance of the engine. The intake side Easy-Spin remained in use on engines Briggs & Stratton of greater size than those used on mowers subject to the requirement of brake, but was discontinued in 1997 due to tightening emission regulations .
The engine of Balanced-Synchro - This 1966 the innovation was designed to attenuate the vibration caused by the massive reciprocating motion of an engine of a single cylinder. The design was a series of counterweights opposite the journal.
The two-cylinder engine - This engine was introduced in 1977 as a way to compete with Briggs & Stratton to their rivals, particularly japanese firms like Honda who were cutting into the traditional markets of Briggs & Stratton through the production of engines of lawn mower (and later, lawn mowers complete). These first models were evaluated (16 HP (11,9 km) and displaced 40 cubic inches (656 cc), but were joined in 1979 by 42 cubic inch (694 cc) Models rated at 18 HP (13,4 kW). The original price of the version (16 HP (12 kW) was $ 70 lower (at US 228 dollars) that your version of a single-cylinder cast-iron with the same degree of energy.
Industrial / Commercial (I / C) - This series of engines, initially ranging from 3 to 18 HP (13 kW), was introduced in 1979 as a Briggs & Stratton response to engines of commercial service of high quality produced by competitors. These engines include high-performance features, such as Stellite exhaust valves, bearings, improved, cast-iron sleeve holes of the cylinder and the air filters of high capacity.
Briggs & Stratton HYBRID - In 1980, at the end of the tail of the energy crisis , Briggs & Stratton developed the first hybrid car gas and electricity. "The Hybrid" was designed by Brooks Stevens and powered by a twin-cylinder 16 HP (by 11.9 kW) Briggs & Stratton engine and an electric battery a big.
Magnetron power - This power solid-state system introduced by Briggs & Stratton in 1982 eliminated the points and condenser of the system, the performance of which steadily degraded between required service of periodic maintenance. Magnetron was made available for retrofitment for motors Briggs & Stratton made since 1963. Competitor Tecumseh had made a on download capacitive setup since 1968, for their cast iron engine models, expanding its availability and making it standard equipment on the engines vertical shaft powering the lawn mowers in late 1976, five years before the arrival of the Briggs magnetron. Competitor Late Clinton Engines marketed a piezo Pump Spark" ignition with no platinums in the early 1960s.
The Briggs & Stratton logo was always a masthead, but it has changed several times over more than 80 years of the company.
Logos War Pre (1931-1943) - This logo chose a diamond shape and read Briggs & Stratton and its home city of MILWAUKEE, WIS, USA, under it;. in the middle, which had the words 4 CYCLE on the mast top and the word GASOLINE MOTOR and phrase MADE IN the USA in the mast bottom. About 1934 Briggs & Stratton added the most familiar form of a division of diamonds around the center with a flag.
. Logo of Gold (1948-1963) - This logo had the name BRIGGS STRATTON and its home city of MILWAUKEE, WIS, USA, under it; in the middle, which had the words 4 CYCLE on the mast top and the petrol engine words and phrase MADE IN the USA in the mast bottom.
Logo of the gold (II) (1963-1976) - Although it is similar to the last logo, this had been set up in a different wording: The name BRIGGS STRATTON was written in a new logotype, however, this design also included the power rating on the logo of gold in the white field, its city of location were in the middle as before, only this time the number of patents were eliminated (if you look on a sticker in the engine of production) of the bottom of the mast. There were some engines produced until 1977 that used the logo before 1948.
The red, white and Black Logo (1976-present) - This is the current logo of the company. The logo has the name BRIGGS STRATTON in black letters in the center part of the white of the header. The words 4 CYCLE ENGINE are on the top of red post and the line of the city of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, is written on the bottom black of the mast. Although the logo had not changed much since then, the drafting of the upper and lower sections of the mast were removed in 1985, although the company continued to use these two sections with the respective redactions ORIGINAL (red section) and SPARE PARTS sector ( black) - up to 1989.
And (cast iron) (1931-1940) http://sites.google.com/site/antiquebriggsandstratton/
Z and ZZ 1931-1948
Many variations and sub-models were available in the basic set mentioned above. Some variations include - reducers (gear bolted to the back of the motor to reduce the speed of the drive shaft) first offered in 1934, on the models of ABK and Z later IUN and WI. Designated by an "R" after the basic model, and then a 2, 4 or 6 to designate the reduction ratio. - models of high-speed (higher admission capacity to run higher rpm) available on the Z series and ABKMR. designated with an "H" after the basic model. - light weight models (some pieces of aluminum to save weight) available on the Z series and ABIKR. Designated with an "L" after the engines basic models inboard marine (special base, not govornor, thrust bearing on the side pto) available on models ABHIKN and Z. designated with an "M" after the basic model. Some models also had transmitions forward neutral and reverse. These engines have a "T" or "G" after the "M"
Briggs & Stratton / I / C 283H07-0399-E1 (050923AZ) (16 HP) (vertical axis)
Briggs & Stratton / I / C 283H07-0399-E1 (050923AZ) (16 HP)
World Formula 12 HP OHV
Animal 6.5 HP OHV
Raptor 5 HP flat head
Cycle engines 2
084300 (horizontal axis) (1999-2011) manufactured under license from Bull as the engine R * TEK 141cc E Series Launcher snow
John I. Beggs - former President
Briggs & Stratton Authorized Guide to Professionals
Headquarters, manufacturing plants and testing facilities
Briggs & Stratton builds up more of 9,000,000 engines in the U.S. each year. The company employs more than 3,000 employees in six states. Milwaukee, WI is the home of the headquarters of the company and the center of R & D. The manufacturing plants are located in Poplar Bluff, MO, Murray, KY, Auburn, AL, Statesboro, GA. The company also has a centre for testing reasons and evidence located in Fort Pierce, Florida.
No customer reviews for the moment.
We work nationally and internationally.
All vehicles have been checked by specialized personnel.
We manage customized transport and / or approved pro forma prior documentation.
To avoid disappointment, it is advisable to see the vehicle before making offers.To request a viewing appointment,please contact Artsvalua to see availability.